These powerful galactagogues not only help boost lactation, but are healthy postpartum snacking and nourishing for your body. This is one of our most popular, mama-loved recipes for increasing milk supply and healthy snacking to sustain you through your postpartum journey.
Boosts your energy and supports your brain function. Improves fat content in your breast milk and supports your child’s brain development.
A potent galactagogue (promotes lacatation) containing chromium which may increase your milk supply. It also contains iron, protein, and a whole complex of vitamin B.
Another powerful galactagogue containing phytoestrogens which may increase your milk supply. It is rich in dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Black sesame seeds
In addition to supporting health lactation, it is rich in magnesium, calcium, and zinc, which help rebuild your blood supply and support bone density.
This recipe makes 10-15 nut bombs.
- Medium mixing bowl
- Handheld stick blender
Silicone molds (or lined cupcake tins)
- ½ cup organic raw almond butter
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 3 TBSP organic maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar for a lower glycemic index
- 2 TBSP brewer’s yeast
- 2 TBSP organic ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic black sesame seeds
- More black sesame seeds to sprinkle
- If the coconut oil is solid, melt the coconut oil by immersing the jar in hot water or warming in the oven at 105-degrees F for 20 minutes.
- In the bowl, mix the coconut oil with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend with the handheld stick blender to remove lumps.
- Pour into silicone molds or into lined cupcake tins.
- Sprink with the remaining black sesame seeds.
- Freeze for 20 minutes before removing from molds. Store in a jar in the fridge.